The Library provides a meeting room free of charge for library and library sponsored programs, and for nonprofit community sponsored programs which are educational, cultural, or civic in content. Commercial programs, for-profit, personal social functions and individual use are not permitted.
Print out a Meeting Room Use Application (PDF).
The meeting room is provided for the benefit of all and may be used by non-profit organizations, as space is available, for cultural, civic, educational and recreational activities.
Other organizations and activities will be considered at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
Permission will be granted on an individual basis. Library activities will take precedence.
Requests will be considered in the order in which they are received.
Activities must not violate any laws or local ordinances. Meetings may not interfere with the normal operations of the library.
Meetings may not begin before the library opens for normal business and must be concluded fifteen (15) minutes prior to the library closing.
No fees are charged for the use of the library meeting room. Groups may restrict meetings to their own membership. Groups may not charge admission to programs. However, groups may charge for such items as instructional materials or supplies that are necessary to participate in the program.
The requestors must assume responsibility for any and all damages to the building or contents during their use or resulting from their use.
The Russell Memorial Library, its trustees, and the Town of Acushnet assume no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal property left on the library premises nor will they be held liable for personal injury while using or on the premises.
There will be no smoking in the building at any time. Open flames are prohibited. Alcohol is prohibited on library property at all times.
The serving of light refreshments is permitted. However, groups must bring their own serving supplies and will not have access to a kitchen. Users shall deposit trash in an appropriate container.
Users of the meeting room are required to comply with the following rules of conduct:
- Permission for the use of the meeting room will be granted to adults only
- Adult supervision is required when children are using the room
- Normal operation of the library is not to be disrupted by users of the meeting room
- If a meeting or activity for which the room has been booked is cancelled, the contact person for the group is requested to notify the library staff so that others may use the room
- Groups may not exceed the capacity of the meeting room
- Meeting room must be left in a state of order and cleanliness
- Meeting room may not be used for commercial purposes
- Materials are not to be attached to walls, windows, doors or furnishings except at the direction of authorized library staff
- No promotional or functional materials may be left in the meeting room or library by any meeting room user
Repeated violations of this policy will result in cancellation of meeting room privileges.
Voluntary donations to the Friends of the Acushnet Public Library will be accepted
THE RESPONSIBLE MEMBER OF THE GROUP MUST CHECK IN AT THE DESK BEFORE THE MEETING.
Revised and adopted by the Library Board of Trustees September 18, 2002