If you haven't had a chance to see the agenda, you can find it here
, as well as the funding history to MA libraries. Very interesting.
Massachusetts libraries are working to level the playing field when it comes to eBooks and technology. By clicking here
and completing the form, your first name and town will appear on our “Map of Support.”
Join the conversation. #ebooksforeveryone
Congratulations to the Plainville Public Library on their new website, launched yesterday!
is an online memorial and archive of crowd-sourced stories, photos, video, and social media related to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings and its aftermath. They have collected more than 3,500 digital artifacts in the past six months but hope to collect many more. No story is too small for Our Marathon. They are currently working to reach communities across the Boston area to give people the opportunity to share their stories.
Below is a summary of updates for OverDrive’s Next Generation digital library website that are scheduled for release on Monday, October 7, 2013.
- You will be able to renew a borrowed title if no one else is on hold for that title. The renew option will become available on your Bookshelf three days before the title is scheduled to expire. You may only renew a title one time.
- A high-contrast option for visually impaired users will be available.
- Minor bug fixes (details unknown)
Learn how to use the new Enterprise e-catalog by watching videos that show how to log in, use your account, and place a hold. You can also learn a few searching tips and tricks! Become an expert in no time.
The “Check Library” bookmarklet lets you know whether a title is available at your library from bookstores and other websites across the web. It checks all the editions of the title, not just the edition you’re looking at. Get it here.
Do you know that SAILS has an Enterprise mobile app called BookMyne?
BookMyne lets you:
- Search the SAILS Enterprise catalog
- Place holds
- Log into My Account and renew items checked out
- Get reading recommendations
- Scan barcodes and see if SAILS has the book
- Create and save items to My Lists
Get the app today!