- College Answer – Sallie Mae, a leading financial aid lender, offers comprehensive information on college planning and loan preparation process, as well as interactive tools to analyze your financial opportunities
- College Board – Authoritative resource for information and tools on finding a college, the admissions process, and financial aid for students, parents, and professionals.
- College.gov – A U.S. Department of Education and student-collaborative site with information and resources about planning, preparing and paying for education beyond high school. Guides and videos provide insight and advice from real college students and graduates.
- MassMentor – Customizable online resource to help students and their families select a college, apply online for admission, and plan to finance higher education in private and public colleges and universities within Massachusetts. Free registration.
- National Application Center – Provides guidelines, search tools, and online applications for students and their families, as well as professional tools for counselors and admissions officers, to help them through the college and career preparation process
- Peterson’s.com – Comprehensive and reliable information on finding compatible college and graduate schools, the admission process, test preparation, and scholarships.
- Student Gateway to the U.S. Government – One-stop directory to government information and resources for college students and their families
- Campus Grotto – National college news website covering a wide range of college-related topics from college rankings and admission to career advice and college life
- CollegeBasics.com – Iinformation to help navigate students through the college application process, with a focus on writing the college essay, selecting a college, interviewing, and paying for college
- College Thrive – Share tips, advice, and resources with other college students
- EDU in Review – Broad spectrum of articles on college preparation and life, financial aid, and education policy
- Great College Advice – Education consultants expert advice on choosing a major, avoiding debt, applying for college, and improving your grades
- Inside College – 700 lists—both educational and entertaining—recommending colleges and places according to a wide range of topics
- My College Guide – A magazine-based blog with articles on college preparation, selection, and admissions
- Adventures in Education (AIE) – College planning resources, financial aid information, career guidance, and money management tips for students and families
- About.com: College Admissions – Advice and resources on the college admissions and application process, student success, and the transition from high school to college from a former college admissions guide and English professor
- KnowHow2GO – Provides middle schoolers to adults extensive information on the value of continuing education after high school, how to prepare for college, the myths vs. realities about college and the availability of financial aid for college.
- Mapping Your Future – Resources for students and families, including career selection, early awareness, college planning, and money management tools
- NextStepU – College, career, and life planning guides for high school students, counselors, and parents to help them plan their futures.
- Preparing for Your Education – Financial guidance, practical tips, and student timeline and planner for elementary students through college graduates preparing for education beyond high school.
- The College Puzzle – Stanford University Professor discusses the important and complex subjects of college completion, college success, student risk factors (for failing), college readiness, and academic preparation
- Smart College Tour – Articles, travel tips, college profiles and parent-to-parent forums for the college-bound student and families preparing for future campus visit
- 4 Tests – Study guides and free online practice tests for the ACT, AP, CLEP, GED, SAT, and more
- The Act Assessment – Provides test information, preparation booklets, and practice tests for ACT, a high-school test assessing students’ ability to complete college-level work
- College Board Tests: SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, AP, CLEP – Complete information—descriptions, exam dates, fees, as well as preparation tips, practice guides, and
- further resources—are availbable for these four College Board tests
- General Education Development (GED) Testing Service – Official site for the GED, an academic skills test for those lacking a high school diploma. See who can take it and how. Has sections for education professionals as well as disabled and non-English speaking test takers.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – Prepare for the GRE—one of the primary exams for graduate school admission in the United States
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) – Information and test preparation tips about the GMAT, an MBA program admissions exam used by business schools to measure basic verbal, quantitative, and writing skills
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) – Test information, dates, locations, and preparation materials for the LSAT, a required law school admissions test measuring reading and verbal reasoning skills
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) – Test information, dates, locations, and preparation materials for the MCAT, a standardized exam required by most U.S. medical schools assessing problem solving, critical thinking, writing skills and science
- knowledgeNumber 2.com – Free online test preparation exams for the SAT, ACT, and GRE
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Official website providing English proficiency testing services for international students planning to study in the United States, Canada, or other countries where English is the academic language.
- The Word-Nerd – Innovative and fun SAT & PSAT vocabulary prep blog
- Cappex & Zinch – Free online matchmaking sites that connect students with schools and scholarships based on in-depth student-created profiles.
- College Finder – Search by name, college type, location, size, cost, campus life, and academics or try the College Matching Wizard to explore the advantages/disadvantages and definitions of various factors affecting the college selection process
- College Navigator – Search over 9,000 U.S. colleges and universities by location, program, and degree offerings for the latest and most detailed school information, including Campus Crime Statistics, Accreditation of the School, and Title IV Participation
- Colleges That Change Lives – Profiles forty lesser-known U.S. colleges and universities that take a more personal and communal approach to post-secondary education
- My College Options – Free college planning service that allows students to create an online college and career profile used to match them with a college that meets their needs and interests.
- Unigo.com – Get the inside scoop on the college experience with up-to-date articles, reviews, rankings, forums and videos from current students and professors.
- U. S. News and World Report: Best Colleges – Browse exclusive rankings of 1,400 schools, search for the perfect college, and read helpful articles on the admissions process and paying for college.
- MyUsearch – Unbiased resource for students searching for colleges
- The Admission Game – Advice from educational advocate and author on improving your test scores, applying for college, and college admissions interviews
- Admission Hook – Sample essays, essay-writing tips, and professional advice for students applying to college
- Allen’s College Admissions Blog – Advice and resources on the college admissions and application process college from a former college admissions guide and English professor
- The Choice – New York Times writers demystify college admissions and aid
- Get Into College Blog – Expert advice on how to get into college from a professional NYC college counselor
- Jeannie’s FYI College Admissions Blog – Acclaimed educational counselor experienced advice on all aspects of the college admissions process
- Not Your Average Admissions Blog – Dean of Admissions from George Mason University shares the ins and outs of the admission process
- Omniac Education Blog – Resource for students or parents who need advice on exams, the college admissions process, or how to write a college essay
Financial Aid Resources & Websites
- Cappex – Cappex offers access to Meritaid.com, a valuable directory of merit scholarships from over 3,000 colleges.
- eStudentLoan – Find private student loans through this search and comparison website
- FAFSA4caster – Online tool to help younger students determine their federal student aid eligibility before their senior year
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web – Step-by-step guide on how to fill out the free online application, as well as submission deadlines
- Fast Web – A scholarship matching service that offers over one million scholarship opportunities, plus current news on financial aid, scholarships, college, jobs and internships, and student life
- FinAid – Calculators – Over 40 custom calculators to help you figure out how much school will cost, how much you need to save, and how much aid you’ll need
- FinAid, The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid – Comprehensive financial aid resource featuring a financial and eligibility estimator and calculators, links to scholarship sites, and information on every facet of financial aid.
- Financial Aid Programs (Massachusetts Dept. of Higher Education – Office of Student Finance Assistance) – Grant, scholarship, loan, and tuition waiver aid and programs available to Massachusetts residents
- Student.gov – Private Scholarships – List of private organization scholarship websites
- Student Aid on the Web (U.S. Dept. of Education) – The official student gateway to federal financial aid, including eligibility, application, repayment, and more – plus self-service tools to help you prepare, choose, and apply for college.
- Student Assistance Programs (U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services) – A variety of scholarships, loans, and loan repayment programs for students in the health professions
- through the Student Assistance Programs of the Health Resources and Services Administration
- 40 Money Management Tips Every College Student Should Know – Downloadable PDF booklet created by the National Endowment for Financial Education to help students
- become financially independent
- Personal Finance: College Planning – Current articles covering a range of financial aspects relating to college planning
Campus Life Blogs
- CollegeBlender – Unfiltered look at campus life all over the country from college students. A valid school email is required
- College Candy – A student-run humor blog that gives you the low-down on campus life: relationships, shortcuts, dorm life, and more
- Dorm Delicious – Dorm decor advice, decorating ideas, and organization tips
- Hack College – Information and guidance for students on using effective, open source software and other technology in new ways
- The Real College Guide – Practical tips and useful advice on college life from college students
Adult Student Resources
- Adult Student – Companion website to The Adult Student’s Guide to Survival and Success by Al Siebert and Mary Karr provides links and guidance to prepare the adult student who is thinking about returning to school
- Back to College – Directory of resources—articles, websites, special reports, and tools—for the adult going to college.
- College for Adults – Career, college, and financial planning and tips for adults going to college for the first time
Online Learning Resources & Websites
- Distance Learning and Online Degree Search – Find a distance learning or online degree program by degree, subject, major, and location
- Online Education – U.S. News & World Report – Directory of schools offering courses, certificates, and degrees via the Internet and other distance-learning media, plus articles offering tips and information
Study Abroad Resources & Websites
- Abroad 101 – Behind the scenes of the web’s top interactive study abroad resource
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) – Scholarship Search – Premiere resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for U.S. and international students wishing to study abroad
- Students Abroad – Dept. of the State website with country specific information, tips for safe travel, and other important information for living and traveling abroad
- StudyAbroad.com – Comprehensive directory of study abroad programs organized by subject, country, or city, as well as travel and financial aid resources.
Military Service Websites
- Student.gov – Military Funding for College – Directory of resources offering military funding for higher education
- Today’s Military (U.S. Dept. of Defense) – Interactive tools allow the user to explore the range of military career opportunities and get an idea of what to expect, its challenges and benefits
- U.S. Air Force Academy
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Marine Corps
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- U.S. Naval Academy
- 1 Links
- 2 Websites
- 3 Blogs
- 4 Websites
- 5 Blogs
- 6 Websites
- 7 Blogs