See our "Calendar of Events" for current information.
passed by WBPL Board of Trustees 4/12/95, updated 1/10/96, updated 3/13/96
1. Children who are residents of West Bridgewater are given priority. Children may be registered by their parents or guardian. Out-of-town children will be accepted upon availability of space and notified of their standing after registration closes.
2. Group size will be at the discretion of the librarian and will be posted in the newspaper and library publicity prior to the sign up period.
3. The number of story hour and children's groups will be at the discretion of the librarian.
4. Registration will be done by application during the one week registration period only. Registration must be made in person (*or by email). Registration times and dates will be posted in the library and announced in the newspaper.
5. Applications will be reviewed after the registration period closes. Applicants will be notified one week prior to story hour of their status.
6. Children may participate for up to two (2) story hour sessions in a row. At sign up for the third session in a row, the child will be placed on a waiting list to allow new participants into the program. Out-of-town patrons are accommodated after town residents are served.
7. Parents or guardians for the Toddler Story Hour (18 months to 2 years of age) are expected to participate in the program with their child.
8. Parents or guardians of the older story hour children are expected to remain in the main lobby or adult areas. This enables the child to enjoy story hour without distraction. A child in story hour who wants his parent or guardian will be directed by a staff member to the parent or guardian. A parent or guardian who wishes to contact a child in the story hour should request a circulation staff member to contact the children's librarian. The child will be brought to the parent or guardian. (*flexibility - the parent can remain in the story hour area and participate with child)
9. Parents and guardians are expected to follow all library rules. Copies of the rules are available at the Circulation Desk.
10. Parents or guardians are asked to bring their children to the programs on time to avoid disruption to the group.
11. Each parent or guardian will receive and sign for a copy of this policy and a copy of the story hour guidelines.
12. Parents or guardians are called by 9:30 am on the morning of the story hour if there is cancellation of the story hour. Parents or guardians are called by 5:30 pm if there is a cancellation of the evening story hour.
13. If a parent or guardian cancels his child's attendance permanently from the story hour, then a call is placed to the part or guardian of the first child on the waiting list. If a registered child does not attend story hour for two sessions in a row, the parent or guardian will be called. If the parent or guardian's intention is to withdraw from the story hour, then the parent of the next child on the waiting list is called.
14. Those children signed into a story hour group will be the only children permitted to attend. There will be no drop-ins. Other siblings will be asked to remain in the waiting area with the parent. (* if there is room, parent and sibling may participate)
15. Parents or guardians will only be permitted to sign up their own children. Parents or guardians may not sign up the children of friends or other relatives. Day care groups are asked to speak to the children's librarian about alternative arrangements.
16. Injuries will be reported immediately to the Children's Librarian.