- Passes marked in red are for residents only
- Pass policies are determined by local library
- “X” indicates that the library has the pass - please contact the library to reserve
- “O” indicates that you may reserve the pass online; - please click on the “o” to reserve
6 search results for "museum"
» Error reporting form
» Duplicate Titles Form
» Property settings - workflows
» Cataloging manual - workflows
» Reports & printing procedures
» Getting started guide - includes workflows terminology, toolbar management, etc.
» Intro to Workflows - best place to go, if you're just learning how to use the client.
Data Entry Guidelines
Which format do I choose? print this
MARC-00 Format - use to create request records
SERIAL-00 Format - use to create magazine records
MUSEUMPASS Format- use to create museum pass records
EQUIP Format - use to create equipment records (for items such as ebook readers, video game consoles, Kill a Watt electricity usage monitor, laptops, digital cameras, etc.)
» Subfield Z - processing items with multiple volumes or parts
Creating Request Records:
» Audiobook request records
» Book request records
» CDROM request records
» DVD and Blu-ray request records
» Game and Puzzle request records
» Graphic Novels - attaching & creating requests
» Kit request records
» Museum Pass request records
» Music CD request records
» Playaway request records
» Toy and Puppet request records
» Video Game request records
» VOX Books request records
» Wonderbooks request records
» Equipment records
» Creating a brief title - ILL
New staff members who are going to be doing any type of bibliographic data entry are required to attend the SAILS data entry training. See the network calendar for training opportunities.
Approved on 04/2002
Policy for editing MARC records
- No changes are to be made to full OCLC MARC records and full records created by SAILS
without approval from SAILS. Any corrections that need to be made should be sent to SAILS
using the Bibliographic Error Report Form.
- Subject headings are not to be created under any circumstances. They are not to be added to any record without SAILS approval.
- Series are not to be created. You should contact SAILS if you need a series created in the
authority file. You may choose a series from the authority file but you may never create one.
- Libraries are allowed to correct typos and add missing information to Cataloging Request records that are in the MARC-OO format. They are not allowed to change titles, change pages, or add subject headings.
Once these records have been added to the database they belong to everyone. Uniform
procedures must be followed.
If you would like to customize the documents on this site for your library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you the Word document version. Please specify which manuals you would like to receive.
If you had to purchase materials borrowed through the network last year, it would cost $44,109,567 in a retail store. This includes print books, audio books, videos & DVDs, and downloadable books.
Curious how much your family saved at your library? Use the form below for the answer!
All databases are funded by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and the Massachusetts Library System
Massachusetts Library Directory - Search virtual resources
List of databases with full-text magazine, scholarly journals and e-reference books covering all subjects, as well as The New York Times.
Boston Globe - full text
- Careers & Employment
- Health & Wellness