To view the response from SAILS to the comment from the survey, click on the highlighted text within each comment, as shown here -
Today we are working to turn on a new feature in Enterprise. It gives an extra way to view what material formats are available on a title. Here is a pdf explaining what to expect. This is available only in Enterprise, not on the app or in the mobile version. This is something that's been requested and we'll certainly update if it becomes available.
Dear patrons, As you know, most public spaces are needing to close their doors to protect the most at risk in our communities. People working in our libraries want to be able to help and give and the best way to do that in this case, is to stop for a bit. We have several libraries closed for the coming days. Here is a list and it will continue to be updated as needed.in this case, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18e0DczuQP4-lN8nvJER-mdvWyJN5zLnPiC4V44d3goI/edit?usp=sharing
However, on a happier note, we do have tons of titles you can get online with your library card! You can get to the digital titles from Enterprise, our online catalog. Log in with you barcode and see what your library has to offer. It's a lot! Pick your library at the top of this page and download right from the catalog.
When a hold becomes available for you, you'll receive an email and a notification in your library's OverDrive collection. You have three days to borrow the hold or have it delivered later if you're not ready to read it.
Delivering a hold later means you stay at the front of the wait list, but pass the current copy to the next person in line.
Find details at: https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/2265.htm
Please search the SAILS Enterprise catalog first. If the material you want is not available in the catalog, please log in below to use the Commonwealth Catalog. For additional assistance, please contact your local library.
Login to the Commonwealth Catalog
Current participants include:
- Bridgewater State University
- CLAMS, Cape Libraries Automated Materials Sharing
- C/W MARS, Central/Western Massachusetts Automated Resource Sharing
- FLO, Fenway Library Organization*
- HELM, High Education Libraries of Massachusetts
- MassCat Massachusetts Library System
- MBLN, Metro Boston Library Network (including the Boston Public Library)
- MLN, Minuteman Library Network
- MVLC, Merrimack Valley Library Consortium
- NOBLE, North of Boston Library Exchange
- OCLN, Old Colony Library Network
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst*
- University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth*
* These libraries/library networks are currently unable to support borrowing and lending via the Commonwealth Catalog. They will resume services in the near future.
Funding for the Commonwealth Catalog provided by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
How do I use the Enterprise library catalog to check out eBooks or eAudiobooks?
**Note – to directly check out titles from the catalog, you must be logged into the Enterprise catalog with your library card number. Your ALT ID will not work.
- Find the title you’re looking for in the catalog.
- Make sure you’ve picked the format you want ( eBook or eAudiobook)
- Find the vendor (OverDrive or Hoopla). Have you borrowed from that vendor before?
- Yes, I have borrowed from that vendor before:
- Click the Checkout button and enter your library card number and PIN.
- Choose the Checkout Option that works with your device. Not sure? Choose HTML (eBooks) or OverDrive Listen (OverDrive eAudiobooks) to keep your options open.
- To read the book, download the checkout in your app (if you are using an app), or read the title in your browser through the vendor’s site.
- No, I have never borrowed from that vendor before:
- Yes, I have borrowed from that vendor before:
We’re here to help! If you would like additional assistance, please contact your library, or try these FAQs:
More Answers To Questions About Our Downloadable Book Collection – SAILS Overdrive FAQ
- Why do I have to wait so long for eBooks and eAudiobooks?
- I updated my library card - your activity will automatically be moved to your new library card.
- How to check out titles from the Massachusetts Partner Library Networks (see below)
- How to check out titles from the SAILS Enterprise online catalog.
What is the difference between the OverDrive and Libby apps?
Get the SAILS Mobile app in the Google Play and Apple stores!
- Search the SAILS’ catalog: Search for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account: Keep track of your account – view your checked-out items, holds, fines, and account information.
- Pay fines online with a credit card.
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book, CD, DVD, or other item at a friend’s house or bookstore and search for available copies in the SAILS’ Network.
- You can link accounts to manage your family’s checkouts and holds, all in the same place.
Overdrive – SAILS Digital Library
Libby is the recommended app for our Overdrive titles.
The older Overdrive app still works…
Get our downloadable books (MP3 & EPUB) directly to your mobile device.
- Audiobook sleep timer: Set the timer and your book shuts off when you do.
- Sepia eBook display: Enjoy easy-on-the-eyes reading that looks just like a paper book.
- eBook orientation lock: Enable this setting, and you can rock without the roll!
- Return eBooks right after reading so you can dive into the next one.
The SAILS online catalog, Enterprise, is a mobile-friendly site.