The system will automatically bill a patron for the overdue fee when the items are returned or if they are set to assumed lost. Libraries must manually bill patrons for lost or damaged items, and for local barcode or library card replacement fees.
Bill a user steps:
- Click on the Billing a User Wizard
- Enter the patron's barcode. If unknown, search using the User Search helper
- Enter the reason for the bill. Only use the Mark Item Lost wizard for lost items.
- Enter the amount, item ID and payment type.
- If they want to pay now, click the "Pay Now" button.
- If paying later, click the "Bill User" button.