Middleborough Public Library
Part Time Circulation Technician
30 hours/week (some evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays)
Routine clerical and direct service work in connection with library services and related
activities; all other related work as required.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Library Director or her/his designee.
Performs varied routine library functions in accordance with prescribed procedures which
require constant attention to detail and accuracy.
Work is performed under typical library conditions; it requires frequent interaction with library
patrons, staff and volunteers.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various
types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the
• Provides circulation and basic reference services for patrons.
• Performs a variety of related clerical functions.
• Aids in various phases of operation at the front desk: answers the telephone, provides
basic directional reference and reader advisory services; issues library cards; checks
books and other library materials in and out; collects and records fines for overdue
books; assists patrons in the use of library facilities and in locating library materials;
shelves and maintains collection in proper order.
• Assists library volunteers, as needed.
• Updates patron records and performs miscellaneous filing and computer data entry
• Handles a variety of requests from patrons related to computer help, our digital catalog,
and various online resources available.
• Assists with museum pass requests, meeting room/study room reservations, and any
special project related or similar to library clerical duties.
• Operates computers, printers and all other standard office and library equipment.
Troubleshooting capabilities for various electronics will also be necessary.
Moderate physical effort required in performing functions under typical library conditions. May
be required to move or arrange furniture. Intermittent walking, reaching, crouching, climbing
and similar activities. Ability to use a keyboard. Required to lift and shelve books and move
boxes of books which may weigh up to 30 pounds. Vision and hearing at, or correctable to,
Education Required: High school diploma with some college coursework and six months of experience in library services (preferred); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary: $16.36 to $24.04 per hour (in 9 annual steps) with benefits
Closing Date: February 12, 2021
Please email a completed employment application, a resume, and a cover letter