Keeley Library - Mann Murals Slides

The Keeley Library has a collection of slides relating to Fall River history and depicting historic views of local interest. Some of these slides have been reproduced on CD-ROMs for easy viewing in the library. A selection of these slides is accessible through the Internet via our Fall River Local History Slides page.

The images below represent the history of Fall River depicted in murals decorating the auditorium of the Kuss Middle School (formerly the B.M.C. Durfee High School Technical building). Painted by John Mann ca. 1936 as a WPA (Works Progress Administration) project, these murals depict Fall River's history from the Indian era to the era of the cotton mill. A pamphlet published in 1940 describes the Mann murals in detail and contains brief information on the city's history.

Return to Local History page

Copyright © 1996-2008 Keeley Library. All rights reserved

Last Updated: June 18, 2008