Keeley Library Student Pages:
For background on the subject, consult general encyclopedias such as Americana, Britannica, Colliers, World Book, etc. Look for articles on "Television," "Media," "Video," and "Journalism." To locate materials in the Keeley Library, see the section on Finding Your Way Around the Library.
To locate items in the library catalog, search in iBistro. You may want to limit your search to search only the Keeley Library, instead of all of the SAILS libraries. The following subjects are just some suggestions for your search:
- Credit titles (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Camcorders--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Digital media
- Documentary television programs
- Interviewing on television
- Motion picture acting
- Radio--Production and direction
- Student television stations
- Television acting
- Television advertising
- Television broadcasting--United States
- Television cameras
- Television display systems
- Television--Equipment and supplies
- Television--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Television plays
- Television--Production and direction.
- Video art
- Video recording--Equipment and supplies
- Video recording--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Video recordings--Production and direction
As members of SAILS, Durfee students and teachers can access journal and newspaper articles as well as online reference books, from the library's computers and from home. Simply go to the online catalog page, access the online catalog, and click on .
Selected Reference Books
- The complete encyclopedia of television programs, 1947-1979
- Contemporary authors; a bio-bibliographical guide to current writers in fiction, general nonfiction, poetry, journalism, drama, motion pictures, television and other fields
- The illustrated dictionary of broadcast-CATV-telecommunications
- Total television : the comprehensive guide to programming from 1948 to the present
Return to Keeley Library Course Resources
Copyright © 1996-2008 Keeley Library. All rights reserved
Last Updated: December 15, 2008