We are excited to announce that we have made titles available to borrow on Libby and OverDrive platforms in seven languages in addition to English and Portuguese! You can find them all here: https://sails.overdrive.com/library/world-languages or here: https://libbyapp.com/library/sails/guide/world-languages.
We have made sure to modify our curated collections to reflect English titles so as not to overwhelm them with the new content. However, if you are used to searching in Libby or OverDrive simply by browsing “ebook” or “audiobook” for example, and you do not want titles in languages other than English to show up in your results, you will need to modify your preferences. If you are using the Libby app, this is a one time change that will prevent any content other than English from showing up for them. Here’s how:
- Search for anything in the search bar.
- On the results page you will see a circle with a + next to “Preferences”. Click on it.
- The options for all of the different preferences will pop up.
- Click on language.
- Select English.
- Make sure to click “Apply Preferences” or it won’t save.
- Search again and notice the number in a white circle next to the word “Preferences”. That means you have successfully saved that preference (in addition to any other preferences you may have already saved).
In the OverDrive app, you will need to make this change each time you search. Here’s how:
- Click on the search bar.
- Underneath the search bar an “Advanced” option will appear. Click on it.
- In the Advanced Search screen, scroll down to the language menu.
- Under languages, select “English” and then “done”.
- This search will only return titles in English.
- To confirm this or to view another way to filter searches you can see a drop down menu labeled “Filters”. This will include the language filter and should show you anything you have set as a filter for your search.
Today we are working to turn on a new feature in Enterprise. It gives an extra way to view what material formats are available on a title. Here is a pdf explaining what to expect. This is available only in Enterprise, not on the app or in the mobile version. This is something that's been requested and we'll certainly update if it becomes available.
When a hold becomes available for you, you'll receive an email and a notification in your library's OverDrive collection. You have three days to borrow the hold or have it delivered later if you're not ready to read it.
Delivering a hold later means you stay at the front of the wait list, but pass the current copy to the next person in line.
Find details at: https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/2265.htm
ERC - Electronic Resources Central, has been added to Enterprise! This is a new service that makes Overdrive and *Hoopla titles available in the Enterprise catalog, giving you the option to "Download", "Preview", and "Place Hold".
You will need to log in with your library card number. If you log in with your ALT ID, the login information can't be passed on to Overdrive or *Hoopla. This means, if you try to download, place a hold or preview a title, you'll get an error saying "There was an error accessing your title. Please contact your library for assistance." If that happens, log out and back in with the 14 digit number on your library card.
*Hoopla is available by individual library subscription.
In "My Account", look out for a new Digital Checkouts area. Here you can download or view your digital checkouts, cancel holds, return digital checkouts, and suspend Overdrive holds.
More updates to look for:
- When you're on a mobile device, you'll see a much more attractive mobile-friendly version of the catalog.
- When you go to the item detail's page, a pop-up (modal) window will display the detailed title information and not go to a separate web page. Most of the same information will appear, including Novelist content.
- A "Print Books" search limit will show in the 1st drop-down list on the search bar.
- A "Kids' Search +" search limit will show, which will search only titles with a juvenile subject heading - print and digital
- A "series" facet will be added
- Facets will appear collapsed as the default, making for a less cluttered look.
- Google preview will be enabled for all available titles - physical and digital
- You will be able to update your SMS (text notification) information
When you visit Enterprise on a mobile device, you now have the option to directly download the mobile app from the app store that matches your device (either google play or the app store). This is what it looks like.
Learn more about the mobile app here.
We are very excited to announce the availability of the SAILS Mobile app in the Google Play and Apple stores!
- Search the SAILS' catalog: Search for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account: Keep track of your account - view your checked-out items, holds, fines, and account information. You can even pay fines by credit card.
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book, CD, DVD, or other item at a friend’s house or bookstore and search for available copies in the SAILS' Network.
- You can link accounts to manage your family's checkouts and holds, all in the same place.
Anyone who had the old BookMyne+ app installed should see a direct update available for this mobile app.