ERC - Electronic Resources Central, has been added to Enterprise! This is a new service that makes Overdrive and *Hoopla titles available in the Enterprise catalog, giving you the option to "Download", "Preview", and "Place Hold".
You will need to log in with your library card number. If you log in with your ALT ID, the login information can't be passed on to Overdrive or *Hoopla. This means, if you try to download, place a hold or preview a title, you'll get an error saying "There was an error accessing your title. Please contact your library for assistance." If that happens, log out and back in with the 14 digit number on your library card.
*Hoopla is available by individual library subscription.
In "My Account", look out for a new Digital Checkouts area. Here you can download or view your digital checkouts, cancel holds, return digital checkouts, and suspend Overdrive holds.
More updates to look for:
- When you're on a mobile device, you'll see a much more attractive mobile-friendly version of the catalog.
- When you go to the item detail's page, a pop-up (modal) window will display the detailed title information and not go to a separate web page. Most of the same information will appear, including Novelist content.
- A "Print Books" search limit will show in the 1st drop-down list on the search bar.
- A "Kids' Search +" search limit will show, which will search only titles with a juvenile subject heading - print and digital
- A "series" facet will be added
- Facets will appear collapsed as the default, making for a less cluttered look.
- Google preview will be enabled for all available titles - physical and digital
- You will be able to update your SMS (text notification) information
When you visit Enterprise on a mobile device, you now have the option to directly download the mobile app from the app store that matches your device (either google play or the app store). This is what it looks like.
Learn more about the mobile app here.
We are very excited to announce the availability of the SAILS Mobile app in the Google Play and Apple stores!
- Search the SAILS' catalog: Search for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account: Keep track of your account - view your checked-out items, holds, fines, and account information. You can even pay fines by credit card.
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book, CD, DVD, or other item at a friend’s house or bookstore and search for available copies in the SAILS' Network.
- You can link accounts to manage your family's checkouts and holds, all in the same place.
Anyone who had the old BookMyne+ app installed should see a direct update available for this mobile app.
We added a new way to find items at SAILS libraries. You can now click on the icon at the top of the Enterprise catalog (pictured above) and search by subject keywords. This will give an alphabetical list of subject headings and show how many titles in the system match your search. Give it a try!
The following libraries in the network began an autorenewal process today:
Attleboro, Acushnet, Berkley, Bridgewater, Carver, Dartmouth (both locations), Dighton, Easton, East Bridgewater, East Freetown (both locations), Fairhaven, Fall River (both locations), Foxboro (Boyden), Halifax, Hanson, Lakeville, Mansfield, Mattapoisett, Middleborough, New Bedford (all sites), North Attleboro, Norfolk, Norton, Pembroke, Plympton, Rehoboth, Rochester, Seekonk, Somerset, Swansea, Taunton, Westport, and Wrentham.
Update: Marion and Wareham also now autorenew materials.
If you checked an item out at one of these libraries, any item that is eligible for renewal will be renewed 3 days before the due date and email/text notices will be sent alerting of that. If you normally receive Voice notification, you will not receive a call but your items should be renewed as well. You will then receive a reminder notice for any item due in 3 days that could not be renewed.
If your checkout library is not participating in the project, you will still receive reminder notices.
If you are reading with Libby, the answers to these FAQ’s will help you read more efficiently, manage your holds, and overall improve your reading happiness.
HOW DO I RETURN A BOOK EARLY?
HOW DO I SEE MY PLACE IN LINE FOR A HOLD?
HOW CAN I VIEW MY BOOK PROGRESS?
HOW CAN I CHANGE THE TEXT OF AN EBOOK?
Ready for the holidays! Take a look at historic cranberry labels and be inspired.